1/25/2009

untitled 2

Posted by Jason

My eyes open and the light pours in like it's been waiting all it has been waiting all night to see my eyes again. I don't really care to look at the clock. I already know that the day started long ago without me. They days never wait on me anymore. Check my e-mail, turn on the tv, check the fridge. My heart drops a little as I realize there's not enough barbecue left to make a sandwich. Some chips and a root beer and it manages to pass for a meal. The rest of the house moves about running errands and being productive. I can already tell today will not be one of my more productive days. After a few texts and some time passing, a guest knocks and lets them self into the house. Now I have company to watch the time pass. Not to say that we did, but in regards to actual importance to our lives and to the world, we may as well have mounted a clock on the wall and watched the seconds tick away for the next few hours. The rest of the house eventually returns. I'm told being around people is healthly, but it strikes me as taxing the majority of the time. Only a few people fall exempt from this majority. I began to wonder what the evening held. It is Saturday afterall. But somehow I know what is coming. More people come. Dinner is served and there is even a cake in celebration for a birthday. Who decided cake was a celebration food. Odd how some decisions spread like a virus, infecting our culture never to be cured. Far to much to eat and I know feel at the sheer pinicle of laziness. With two friends on the couch, the lack of conversation is strangely lacking. The telvision flickers, taunting us with its hold. Dear lord, it's already after eleven. One friend departs and the other will not last much longer. Silence has settled over the house, urging me to end the day and let tomorrow come. I refuse. I will let tomorrow come when I am ready. Sadly my body tells my mind to take a backseat and let it come. I change and slide under the sheets. My eyes close and the darkness flows over, pushing the last remnats of light away.

0 comments: