4/03/2008

Known through expression

Posted by Jason

I opened up this post to write about a strong split I have been feeling lately, but as I went to write the title, another thought came to mind. Just a few weeks ago, a friend of mine was at the house and saw some of my older paintings. He proceeded to describe me as dark. I cannot say I was shocked at the accusation, but I was not entirely sure how to respond to his analysis. It made me look at all the paintings I had done and think about their meanings. Some where thought out during or before the creation process while others were completely random, but well over half (possibly more as I don't know where some are...) were a strong darkness pushing against lighter colors.

Which leads me into the original reason for my writing. For the first time in a while, I have felt unbridled optimism about things in my future and a lot of person changes have taken place just over the last few weeks - some good, some bad. However, I have also encountered some strong spouts of lethargy. This is nothing unfamiliar in my own life or in humanity in general, but it is still frustrating. On that note, I should probably get back to writing my paper...

0 comments: